Winterize Your Pool When Temperatures Change
How to Winterize Your Pool In Milder Climates
- Check your pool pump to ensure that it’s running during colder periods.
- Keep the pool water balanced and sanitized.
How to Winterize Your Pool With Colder Climates
- Balance your pool water and add shock treatment whether it’s chlorinated or non-chlorinated.
- Lower your water level to below the skimmer
- Clear pool pipes and swimming pool equipment of excess water using a compressor or a blower – this task is typically done by a pool specialist.
- Add swimming pool antifreeze to prevent freezing.
- Install a swimming pool safety cover or winter tarp to cover your pool and protect it from the elements.